Ogglyog - Shadow Priest

ogglyog

Ogglyog - Shadow Priest

Post by ogglyog » Wed May 15, 2019 4:05 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.

Joseph, 18, UK, genericname#21289

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/tarr ... g/advanced

3. Heart of Azeroth level?

49 - Will be at 50 within the week

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?

Wed/Sun - 1945 - 2330 server time
Mon - 2045 - 2330 server time

The times are fine, personally, if there were any issues with the raiding times or days, then I would not have applied, as attendance and consistency are key

5. What lootsystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)

Players may choose whether to keep or to trade their loot, if the loot is chosen to be traded, it goes to RCLootCouncil.
Loot should be thought of as raid upgrades, over personal upgrades ideally, but the ultimate choice is with the player.

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)

ToS to Mid AbT - Lost Cause - Achieved 6/11M ABT before the guild disbanded
10/11M ABT - Feint - Failed Trial, I was not, at this time, at the needed level for the level of progression
11/11M ABT (CE) - No Consensus - Left to rejoin Lost Cause as it reformed
4/8M Uldir - Lost Cause - Disbanded again
7/8M Uldir - Moved from Furor to Paradigm, both of whom disbanded
8/9M BoD (CE)- Killed Jaina, missed Blockade, stayed around for progression, as leaving mid boss seemed like a bit of a foul move, but left ultimately due to having disagreements with the raid leader during the course of Jaina, that ultimately were not resolved.

7. Logs of your past raids (it's not only your percentiles we are interested in)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=5
All of the logs are public, so should be able to be looked at in depth

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)

https://imgur.com/a/Tf38yjB?
The screenshot is in raid setup, but was taken post combat.

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your spec/class?

Warcraft Priests Discord primarily, as they have a great compendium of resources and many theorycrafters there. Overall, the content is thorough and useful

10. Info about alts (if any)

I have a Monk and Druid alt at max level, neither is geared for raiding currently, although the Druid likely will be shortly.

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?

I was browsing though wowprogress, and I decided to apply, as to be perfectly honest, it seems like a good community from the available information, and the level of progression is one that I aim to be at.

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..

Jaina M is likely the one to take that title for me. The boss took just under 400 pulls, although I was not present for one night of progression. The fight in itself, was not theoretically that difficult, however it is one that suffers largely from individual mistakes. Various raid members suffered from a love of frozen orbs in the intermission that took us around a week of progression to truly escape, and I myself was particularly fond of frozen blast in our earlier raids. Once we had gotten consistently to phase 3, we encountered the regular difficulty of dodgy icefalls, or forgetting a heart, as well as having the issue that some raiders could not put out the required DPS to kill the boss. We ended up cutting a healer, and killed the boss the same night.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.

I started playing mid ToS, and have achieved CE in 2 of the raid tiers following this. Whilst lacking in the level of experience some older players possess, I believe that this demonstrates the time and effort that I am willing to put in in order to learn my class, and the mechanics of a raid to the best level I can. I am always fine with being on the bench, and respectful of the decisions of the officer team, although I do have a tendency to express my opinions on those decisions after raid hours, if there are things that I do not understand with a tactic that is pursued.
I love a good spreadsheet too, perhaps too much... Numbers and spreadsheets for everything...

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?

I do not have any plans in the next 6 months that would affect me in terms of raiding

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?

I do not