[Withdrawn app] Application Retribution Paladin

havocator

[Withdrawn app] Application Retribution Paladin

Post by havocator » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:20 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
My name is Vasilis Kallias, i m 23 years old and i live in Thessaloniki Greece.
My battle tag is Havoc#22857

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /havocator

3. Artifact level?

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
Wednesday 19.45-23.30
Sunday 19.45-23.30
Monday 20:45-23:30
I m free all of these days so i wont have any problem to attent to all the raids :D

5. What loosystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)
You use RC loot council.

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
In this expansion i ve been in many guilds that they disbanded so i wont mention them, and i ll keep my focus on the last one i was in and the current one. My previous guild was Archaic Order - Twisting Nether. I left them during the Kiljaeden progression because they didnt want a retri paladin in their raid. I was benched for like a month trying to gear up other characters in case they find them useful, but at some point i couldnt stay idle anymore and decided to leave them. Now im at Proper Pohnage- Twisting Nether. The reason i want to leave this guild is because of the immaturity of the officer core team which makes me to not want to play this game. The raids are really tiring and many times i feel like noone focuses on the fight, instead they keep talking about irrelevant things during the encounter, which leads in many wipes on farm bosses.

7. Logs of your past raids (it's not only your percentiles we are interested in)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /havocator
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/R6HmVTGLtZPdxpfq i should be in some of these encounters, but the gm also posted logs from his own clear so its a bit chaotic :D

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
https://imgur.com/a/WgGD1 I dont have a screenshot during raid, but theres nothing exciting for you to see. I mean i m using the default UI and some w/a only + the timers from DBM.

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your specc/class?
I often check the paladin site (thesilverhand.net) and the class discord, but mostly im checking logs.

10. Info about alts (if any)
I play a fury warrior and a balance druid but i am still missing some legendaries for both of them and some bis gear. So i dont think im gonna be able to use them in raid any time soon.

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
I just found the guild page on wowprogress and saw that you were looking for a retribution paladin so i decided to apply since im currently looking for a guild :D

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..
I think one of the hardest encounters was Kil Jaeden and especially the last phase. A lot of people in my guild struggled really hard with those beams. I think we had more than 300 wipes and took us more than a month to kill him. And guess what they killed him the night i couldnt raid because it was my girlfriends birthday :D

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
When it comes to raiding i think i can adapt easily to any new encounter and any new tactics we are going to use for the fight. I am a team player, i dont care about being the top dps as much as i do about killing the boss. I always try to improve myself, hone my skills and upgrade my gear. And also i never whine about loots or bench. At last i always learn from my mistakes and try not to repeat them.

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?
I m studying applied informatics at University of Macedonia so pretty much i wont go anywhere or do anything else for the next 6 months. And i plan to stop raiding and take a break when the guild decides to stop farming Antorus (if not i ll just keep playing until the next expansion :) )

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
No i dont know anyone in the guild but i would like to get to know you :D
( I know im using alot of smiley faces :P )

kollbjorn
aka Depletebjørn

Re: Application Retribution Paladin

Post by kollbjorn » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:44 am

Hey Vasilis!

Thanks for the application, we will look into it :)

Cheers!

koll
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

havocator

Post by havocator » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:42 pm

You can check yestardays logs too if you want https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RNpy8cTFML2KqJWf :D

Niffler

Post by Niffler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:37 am

Hello Vasilis

I wanted to ask why you choose not to run Divine Hammer on AoE fights? You also seem to forget about your second pot quite alot which actually does provide a big amount of damage for Retribution Paladins when combined well with Crusade (Which you do seem to execute well). Is there a specific reason for that?

Thanks in advance
Strutzen is bad, Shockzey is worse, they're both filthy padders, fuck me I'm cursed.

havocator

Post by havocator » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Well not using Divine Hammer is completely a personal choice. I believe that the dps difference between those two talents isnt great assuming that with blade of wrath you can charge 3 HP more often and use DS more often as well + with the legendary back the Blade of Wrath talent helps with a better uptime on the buff. About the 2nd pot i know when to use it and how to line it up with my cds to maximize dps output but sometimes as i mention on the application there are random stuff goin on during the raid which doesnt help me to concentrate at all. For example yesterday i learned that squirrel's teeth doest get any bigger during its life, that fact was stated during the Coven fight, and it wasnt like a farm raid :D

Niffler

Post by Niffler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:50 pm

I understand your reasoning and it makes sense I just find it weird that 85% of the other Retribution Paladins on the logs don't go by this theory then, in the end all you have to do is sim for your fight duration or even test both and see what comes out on top. From what I have experienced so far is that Retribution is all about gear minmaxing and literally simming and swapping your stats around every single time you get a new upgrade / item.

Thank you for the reponse the officers should get back to you soon.
Strutzen is bad, Shockzey is worse, they're both filthy padders, fuck me I'm cursed.

havocator

Post by havocator » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 pm

Ye i get your point and i can assure you that i know my class and how to maximize my performance and optimize my gear

Niffler

Post by Niffler » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:17 am

Well I just simmed your character and versatility / mastery sims highest, yet you have haste enchants and gems, and mastery on top of that when versatility sims higher. So either the sims I'm doing are off or...

havocator

Post by havocator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 pm

There is a soft cap when it comes to haste around 30% where you gain an extra gcd on judgement, so atm i m trying to maintain it, when i get Seeping Scourgewing and lose the bonus stats from arcanocrystal i ll have to change my enchants and gems to either vers or mastery

havocator

Post by havocator » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:06 pm

31.25 to be more precise according to thesilverhand.net