[Declined] Warlock App

Meister

[Declined] Warlock App

Post by Meister » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:44 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
James, 22, England, Luckypants#2123

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... meistelock

3. Artifact level?

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
Wednesday, Sunday - 19.45-23.30
Monday - 20.45-23.30
For the next couple of months I won't be able to attend Mondays, but come BfA all 3 raids suit me well.

5. What loosystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)
RC Loot Council

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
The Hex Pistols - My aspirations to raid at a higher ranking
Convention - Guild disband

7. Logs of your past raids (it's not only your percentiles we are interested in)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/24487531 (Warlock)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/24293960 (Death knight - main for most of ABT)

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
https://gyazo.com/ea0120a7fe194c7fe208be09070d7745

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your specc/class?
lockonestopshop.com
Class discords for discussion
raidbots for simulations

10. Info about alts (if any)
I have already linked my Death Knight above, this was my main for most of ABT but I am re-rolling as I no longer wish to tank, I can play the DPS specs of my DK well too.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/23269484 - Monk with whom I killed aggramra.

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
Wowprogress
The description on the wowprogress page that discusses having made a raiding community out of the guild sounds extremely appealing to me. Add into that the expectations of the guild, to progress and focus when it matters but to be able to have a laugh and a joke, and it sounds like the perfect guild for me. Finally, I am very excited to be a part of a guild that rewards consistently good performances, I've seen too many instances of good players being looked over in favour of longer standing raiders or similar events that it would be a refreshing change to have talent rewarded!

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..
Without a doubt mythic KJ. As somone that had played monk tank for the entire tier, to have to switch to an undergeared DK tank and tank what is still in my opinion that hardest hitting boss that I have personally faced was a real challenge. The real difficulty of KJ was the complete intolerance for error from mechanics, particularly armageddon. This meant that the fight had to be perfect for 10 minutes to be a kill and after 200 pulls, thats no small feat. I, like many raiders, love that rush in the final seconds before a boss kill when you know that nothing can go wrong now and the boss is going to fall over. KJ didn't have that for me, I felt even as we went below 1% HP with everyone alive we could still mess something up but it didn't happen and that was one of the best feelings I've ever had in this game.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
I realise that asking a strong guild to overlook my inexperience in raids as a DPS player is a big ask, but I'd urge you to look at my tanking logs and also at the fact that this warlock, whilst badly undergeared qualified for the MDI time trials, to see that I can easily pull my weight and would be absolutely committed to doing so in BfA.

I'd also like to say that recruiting someone with extensive experience tanking mythic bosses could prove to be very beneficial if the trend of requiring extra tanks in fights, especially later in a tier (KJ, Aggra, Argus), continues in BfA. I love playing my alts and would definitely have at least 2 tank alts that I would be ready to switch to if it were to aid the guild.

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?
I am currently between my undergraduate and master's degree, which will be starting in october. I am working in the meantime, and one of those shifts covers the monday night, hence I am unable to raid then until BfA (at which point I will change my shift pattern to suit). I do have 2 weeks in late July on holiday but apart from that I will be around to raid and take part in guild activities.

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
No

kollbjorn
aka Depletebjørn

Re: Warlock App

Post by kollbjorn » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:58 am

Hey James!

Thanks for the application, we will need some days to go over it :)

I can also attest to really seeing your opinion on KJ. With half our raid team starting to scream at the last percentages - I was in no way capable of doing that. Being the Raid leader on that fight I was far too focused and stressed - and the relief and joy I felt when finally getting the cut scene was amazing! :)

Best of luck!

- Koll
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

kollbjorn
aka Depletebjørn

Post by kollbjorn » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:53 pm

hey sorry that its taking a long time!

We have problems deciding if we want you or not. Will have an answer ready tomorrow before midnight and Tuesday morning the latest mate! :)

Meister

Post by Meister » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:23 pm

No worries mate. If you guys wanna have a chat or anything to discuss anything in my app drop me a message on discord - James#4875. I'll be around all tomorrow day.

Cheers James ^^

kollbjorn
aka Depletebjørn

Post by kollbjorn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Hey james!

Sad to say we have decided to decline you.

Best of luck in your search for a new guild!

Meister

Re: [Declined] Warlock App

Post by Meister » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi mate,

Thanks for letting me know. I'd appreciate some feedback as to why this was your decision, if you could please drop me a PM on here, in discord or in game I would be most thankful.

Good luck in BfA

James

Immanis
Resident Healing Theorycrafter and Advisor

Post by Immanis » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 pm

Hej James!

The decision wasn't made lightly and also not because of a single reason, it was a plethora of circumstances coming together that have made us come to this conclusion:
- We currently have 2 Warlock raiders, 1 Warlock Trial and 1 returning Warlock player for BFA, making our Warlock roster quite complete already
- Looking at your logs, you could probably compete with some of our warlocks and maybe play on their level, but most probably not completely outclass them. This would be good enough for a Trial if we didn't already have 4 warlocks.

This left us coming to the conclusion that we'd prefer staying with the current warlocks we have, as we really don't want to unnecessarily overcrowd our roster.

Hope this answer is to your satisfaction, if there's more you'd like to know, don't hesitate to /w any of the officers in-game!

Cheers

Meister

Post by Meister » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:15 am

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. I am still very keen to join aluren and would be more than willing to switch to another less hotly contested class in your raid team. I can play my shadow priest and ww monk well, though the priest lacks gear at the moment. I would be happy to main one of these classes moving forward into BfA. Would this be something you guys would consider?

Thanks,

James

Seccy

Post by Seccy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Hey Meister,

Delek covered most of the main points in his comment about why we decided to decline you. If you'd be interested in another class, it's something we could consider, but obviously not until your class was at a point where it's possible to bring you.
The best solution for now would be to have you in as social, you would be able to join our weekly heroic clears and from there we could see about a potential trial (This is all dependent on how our roster looks as/when you're confident competing on your new class)
I only say all this because you're said how keen you are to join, and this is the only way I can see us being able to handle it at this time

If you want to talk over it more you're welcome to add me on discord (Seccy#6872) and I'll arrange a time to sit and have a talk with you
Thanks again for your interest :)