[Declined] BrewMaster Application

Ryada

[Declined] BrewMaster Application

Post by Ryada » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:43 am

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
Roderick, 21, Netherlands, Ryada#1128

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... enor/ryada

3. Artifact level?
BrewMaster 76, everything else sub 50

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
Wednesday 19.45-23.30
Sunday 19.45-23.30
Monday 20:45-23:30
With the possibility to extend on tuesdays.

Yes these days and times suit me just fine.

5. What lootsystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)
Aluren uses a lootcouncil system to determine who gets which loot.
The main factors are % based upgrades based on class (this is predetermined)
But if you are not consistent the council might alter that based on your performance

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
Swapblasters - Reason for leaving is that currently they already have 4 tanks so there is no spot left for another tank.

7. Logs of your past raids (it's not only your percentiles we are interested in)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/draenor/ryada

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
I can provide a video about my UI:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E75vJeuEkc

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your specc/class?
http://www.peakofserenity.com/
peak of serenity discord (yes i know its not a website technically)
and WoWHead for balance changes, new raid tier research etc.
Youtube as well from time to time to do research on boss tactics so i know what to expect.

10. Info about alts (if any)
I am planning to level each tanking class to max level and keep them Mythic ready in BfA.
Currently i already have a Paladin and Druid on 110 (not on raiding level for Legion)
And i am working on leveling my Death Knight and Demon Hunter.

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
Wowprogress, i was looking around for a guild that i would like to be a part of, and your post resonated with my own mindset.
I want to improve myself each and every time i am inside of a raid (or even outside of a raid) and do my best for the team as a whole.
Whatever i do i try to be the best in, which sadly is not always possible but i try to come as close as i can to that.
Your guild is focussed on a friendly atmosphere while still wanting people to push for improvement and progress. This is what i personally am looking for in a guild.

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..
Mythic Doggos as a BrewMaster, Yes i am aware that this is just the second boss of AbT, but the hard part about this fight is that the tanks need to stay coordinated, while as a brewmaster you are taking a load of magic damage which we are bad against.
If the healers don't get properly assigned to the dogs then BrewMasters cry on the inside ;)
The good part about this boss was actually that it made me learn how to become a better BrM and improve my play, which in turn caused us to kill the boss after a few more nights. The whole progression on this boss took us 1 raid lockout. Which is okay considering this fight absolutely rips through BrewMasters.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
As a brewmaster i know how to drink :D
Personally I always strive to improve, and am a highly competitive player. (i frequently had DPS races with my co-tank to see who had the highest dps after a fight) I also actively try to help other people understand tanking better and even tried making my own BrM for dummies AbT guide, and i am never too shy to help out people for their weekly M+ and tanking their pugs.
If i think we can change the tactic around to improve our chances of killing it, i am not afraid to suggest it to the raidleader.

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?
My current plans for BfA are getting each class that can tank to 110 so i only need to level them to 120 once BfA hits and then i need to gear them. As well as actively keeping track of the changes they are going to make to the BrewMaster spec, so i will be prepared for the first raid in BfA. The only cases i will be AFK is when i am moving (which will probably be 1 raid night at most, and i will tell the GM at least 1 week before the move that i might not make it on 1 raid.)

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
No, but i would love to :)

Seccy

Re: BrewMaster Application

Post by Seccy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Hey there,
Thanks for taking the time to write an application and for your interest in us :)

Unfortunately our roster is currently full, so we will be unable to take in any more trials at this time.

Apologies, and all the best in your search for a guild
- Seccy