[Declined] Kaguny - Holy Paladin

Symby

[Declined] Kaguny - Holy Paladin

Post by Symby » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:20 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
Edy, 26, Romanian - Kaguny#2432

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... dar/Kaguny

3. Heart of Azeroth level?
19, a bit slacked on this...but more onto why later

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
Your raid times are fine with me

5. What lootsystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)
semi-loot council with what the current system allows, aka i keep everything i get for salvage
jokes aside, i actually really like the fact that the player getting the item decides if he trades it or not(obviously without being selfish), that way it does not feel unfair to get an item that is an ilvl 'downgrade' but BiS stats and just be forced to trade it away;

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
This won't be short:D
I've started serious raiding in WotLK, and my first guild was what you would consider a soft-core guild nowadays, called No Life on Sylvanas Horde, stayed there until Ulduar, when I decided it is time for me to step up to a more serious guild, called Eclipse, which has proven to be not what I wanted and kept looking for an even better guild; I joined Raging Nemesis at the start of Trial of the Crusader, managed to rank up as a healing officer/raid leader quite fast, late into ICC most of the guild did not agree with the way the GM was dealing with things and the approach she had towards the game and raiding in general and we decieded(me, the rest of the officer team and a big part of the guild) to make a new guild, called The Cult; Later in Cata, The Cult and their officers had too much of a casual approach in my opinion and a small part of the guild, decided to switch to 10 man raiding(need to mention I still kept in good relations with the old members/officers there), after having some people leave from Vanquish(the new guild we formed), I went back into The Cult until Firelands when I took my first break from the game due to burnout;(need to mention that each time I left a guild, with the exception of Raging Nemesis, I made sure I was not fking over the roster, for example in the case of leaving The Cult to make a 10 man grp, I appointed someone else as a healing officer before leaving)
When I came back to the game mid Dragon Soul, ex-members from Vanquish kind of merged with a guild called The Machine on Sylvanas, they asked me if I wanted to raid again, they needed a tank so I joined them as one; Stayed in The Machine till Mogu'Shan Vaults was cleared, then I quit due to real life problems(university and other personal issues), and was mostly a casual for the entirety of MoP;
Decided to start raiding again late into MoP, joined a soft-core mythic guild called Appetite for Destruction on Draenor Horde, stayed with them for Highmaul then I joined Kill Loot Repeat in Blackrock Foundry, where a friend of mine(one that I raided with since ICC in most of the guilds I mentioned above) was the healing officer, the guild disbanded due to the leadership quitting the game at the start of Trial of Valor mythic progression so I've looked further and joined Dark Storm Zenedar, a world 70-ish guild; I stayed with them till mid Tomb of Sargeras, when this guild also disbanded during Avatar progression, and since Legion was a lot of grind I got a bit burnt out by this and I've decided to not look for a guild till BFA and take a break from WoW raiding for a while(1 year); Recently I've been looking for a guild that raids and has its requirements a bit more casual so I would avoid the situation that happened to me in Legion(aka getting burnt out by the constant farming, which I personally don't really enjoy) and I've mainly started looking for a guild on Draenor since thats where most of my alts are and I would love that for once I would get to play with all my chars on the same server, so I applied to Magna, but I recently realized that was a mistake since their requirements are actually excessive(2 chars with 21 traits and revered CoA), actually more excessive than my previous way higher ranked guild; That being said, I am now looking forward to finding a more suitable place for myself so I am looking for a new place to call home when it comes to WoW and raids;

7. Logs of your past raids (it's not only your percentiles we are interested in)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... dar/kaguny#
Don't think you guys can see my Tomb/Nighthold logs(aka the last time I properly raided mythic progression)

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
Can't really go into a raid atm: https://imgur.com/eURUN2l, my raid frames are below the weak auras

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your spec/class?
Usually warcraftlogs, the way I do it is I inspect and try to understand decisions and ways healers that I know are good/proved themselves to be good and adapt from there, but I do take a look at other stuff people post(like discord for the class I play)

10. Info about alts (if any)
Already on 120: Ashner - Shaman(on Draenor); Akatesha - DH(on Sylvanas)

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
Been looking for a more suitable guild for my skill/expectations and I found you on wowprogress;

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..
Probably the hardest boss I've done from a healing PoV was Helya Mythic in Trial of Valor, the fact that the healers had to adapt to both Orbs(melee and ranged) and also maintaining a high healing throughput while dispelling the right targets at the right time made for a very interesting, fun and hard fight; Our guild got world 70 on Helya, took us about 2 weeks worth of extending just for that boss;
I will briefly mention other bosses I liked(which in my book usually mean they were probably hard as well): Blackhand, Mannoroth, Imperator Mar'gok, Mistress Sassz'ine;

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
I do really enjoy raiding, I am very passionate towards it and I have put lots of time into it; I am patient when it comes to progress(more patient than most other ppl from what I've noticed, which doesn't mean I will tolerate endless mistakes); I always try and look for ways to deal with certain problems that come up during raids, be it figuring out a new way to coordonate with my fellow healer team(with healing cd's for example) or figuring out a new tactical approach towards a certain troubling fight etc.;
Paladin has been my main for every raid till now, except Dragon Soul when I mained DK tank(reasons above)
Most of my raiding experience is made as a healer, ocasionaly as tank(either offtank for certain bosses or tanking an entier tier, in the case of Dragon Soul and Mogu'Shan), I very rarely DPS during progression(almost never did);

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?
Don't have any plans right now that will take me away from raiding;

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
Not right now, no

Immanis
Resident Healing Theorycrafter and Advisor

Re: Kaguny - Holy Paladin

Post by Immanis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello Edy!

Thank you for your application.

First of all let me apologize on behalf of the Officer team for the late reply. We've been really busy with the new tier coming out, sifting through forum&in-game/discord applications, managing our ~30 man roster and getting everything prepared for efficient progress.

You seem to be quite an experienced, long-term raider with a suitable attitude to what we're looking for in a raider.
Unfortunately, given the current state of the game (contrary to what we believed with only information from BFA beta two weeks ago), we see absolutely no reason to recruit a second paladin (and/or shaman) for our healing roster.

We wish you all the best in your future search for a guild and progress!