[Declined] Smorcmedaddy - Multiclass/Multispec

Smorcmedaddy

[Declined] Smorcmedaddy - Multiclass/Multispec

Post by Smorcmedaddy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:27 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.

Tom, 25, United Kingdom, Enigma#2951

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... tecatgirlx

3. Heart of Azeroth level?

34 currently

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?

Wednesday 19.45-23.30
Sunday 19.45-23.30
Monday 20:45-23:30

and yes they suit me no problems.

5. What lootsystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)

RCLootCouncil (assuming the player wants to trade the loot away)

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)

During BFA only Something Wrong, i'm leaving due to officers being pretty inept at communicating, effectively resulting in being benched for 1 raid, then 2, then literally months with no real reason. Ultimately I got "your class isn't very good so we probably won't take you in next raid either, your choice if you want to stay or not".

7. Logs of your past raids (it's not only your percentiles we are interested in)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=1

Apologies that there isn't a lot of them, as mentioned before I got benched for a pretty considerable amount of time.

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)

https://i.imgur.com/v61bKCy.jpg - UI changed in the last 2 weeks, this is just a random LFR I dropped into for the purpose of a screenshot.

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your spec/class?

Typically I use a mixture of Icy Veins, the class specific discords, I also message notable players of the spec/class and often ask for advise off them if i'm struggling with anything.

10. Info about alts (if any)

I have virtually every class at max level, i'm capable of playing any of them in a raid environment (as far as keeping up for my gear/spec). I'll list them below;

Cutecatgirlx (main) - Feral/Balance - 382 Ilvl
Cutemonkyboi - Windwalker - 368 Ilvl
Smorcmedaddy - Beast Mastery - 376 Ilvl
Investigator - Havoc - 365 Ilvl
Arséne - Assassination/Sub - 375 Ilvl
Slugspal - Shadow - 374 Ilvl
Cutewarrgril - Arms/Fury/Prot - 361 Ilvl
Snapchatqt - Fire/Frost - 363 Ilvl

Other classes are all still max level but have notably lower Ilvl/BFA experience

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?

I saw your videos on youtube while I was browsing through boss kills and the raid environment seemed really professional and relaxed. I kept note of it when all of my current guild's underhandedness started. Since all of these problems have gotten worse I thought about applying a couple of times until recently I got sick of my current guild and decided i'm not interested in wasting any more time.

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..

I'd have to say either Lich King 25 HC (15% buff iirc) or Thok the Bloodthirsty 25 HC.

Lich King took (I think) around 3 weeks, we had a really slow grind on progress (averaging roughly 12 hours per week) and just had a lot of great attempts then a slump of really bad attempts, this went on for ages. We were basically a social guild with mostly a really tight knit group of mates who just wanted to give it a real good bash. The fight was just so long, it made it easy to make mistakes that would cause wipes since people would legit just lose focus over such a long time. We must have spent 40-50 wipes on defile alone, that was a real stumbling block for some players in the guild. Honestly it was just such a real and raw sense of satisfaction when it finally died, I seem to remember waking up my neighbours since we pushed it so late into the night to secure the kill.

Thok has a special place in my heart because I think I really did exceptionally well in SoO (in terms of mastering my class/being mechanically very solid), that fight just had so many moving parts, it was super chaotic and fun as hell. Again, I had a really awesome group of guys and gals (one of them I still keep in contact with IRL fairly often) who were all very solid and good at what they did. It never felt like a shitty grind on a shitty boss even though i'm certain a large majority of the player base felt that about Thok, it just felt to me like a real test of abilities and pushed me to my limit as somewhat of a perfectionist. I challenged myself to play Affliction on that fight (instead of the standard destruction that most warlocks played on it) and made it my own personal challenge to show how strong affliction was in the right hands on a fight that really tested reflexes and personal ability. I held the top Warlock DPS ranking on that fight for nearly 3 weeks as affliction which just personally made the fight one of those feel good kind of bosses. On top of that, the fight was just fun, we spent a decent amount of time on it but ultimately it was a great time.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.

I really don't think I do myself justice in text, I always ask if guilds are interested in me even a little to drag me onto discord and discuss it further. I can't articulate myself as well as i'd like in text. Personally I think I'm extremely communicative, confident, I strive to do the best I can and I think overall i'm just a decent addition to any guild. Again, i'd really stress that if you are curious, spare me 10 minutes on discord for a chat, I think you'll see there's something more to me than it seems.

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?

None at all.

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?

Nobody i'm afraid.

---

Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it. I hope to hear from you lot soon.

kollbjorn
aka Depletebjørn

Re: Smorcmedaddy - Multiclass/Multispec

Post by kollbjorn » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:38 pm

hey!

Thanks a lot for your application.

At the moment we have some trials we want to go through before next tier launches, and we are not overly eager to take in new players right before a new tier hits since it often leads to them starting on the bench which isn't fair either.

Your app was well written, but since we aren't actively looking for a specc in particular it falls a bit short with that little progress in current tier.

A bit surprised at your officers saying boomis aren't strong, they look to be in a very good position next tier (we have 2 raiding boomnkins, and 2 trials at the moment).

Best of luck in your search for a guild!

- Koll
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!