Exidouz - BM/MM Hunter

Exidouz

Exidouz - BM/MM Hunter

Post by Exidouz » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Name, age, country and Battle tag.

Alex, 22, The Netherlands - Exidouz#2746

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ak/Exidouz

3. Heart of Azeroth level?

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?

Wednesday 19.45-23.30
Sunday 19.45-23.30
Monday 20:45-23:30

They suit me perfectly!

5. What lootsystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)

Personal loot as it's forced now. First you should decide if it's a bigger upgrade for you or for the other raid members as an overall increase in DPS/HPS of the entire squad. If you decide to give the loot to the raid, the item piece will be traded to an officer and distributed via RCLootcouncil.

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)

In order from most recent to the longest ago:

-Vanguard: Lack of stability & a two-day schedule which is a too few days in my eyes.
-Valued: Guild dissolved in a friendly manner after some members decided to step away from the game.
-Once Again: A general lack of drive to push for higher rankings.

7. Logs of your past raids (it's not only your percentiles we are interested in)

Uldir: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... uz#zone=19
BoD: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ak/exidouz#

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)

https://i.imgur.com/k5fjjro.jpg

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your spec/class?

For general knowledge about the class I use the hunter class discord a lot. For mechanics information I use streams/youtube & warcraftlogs to dive into the various aspects of fights. For DPS optimization I use raidbots.

10. Info about alts (if any)

I have a rogue alt that can be geared if necessary (Currently sitting at normal Uldir gear progression)

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?

I found out about the guild after looking through wowprogress. What made me apply was the general atmosphere/vibe the guild page had in relation to other guilds. The mindset when it came to raiding combined with the general friendly messaging prompted me to check out the guild further. After looking through youtube I found a kill video and the dynamic I experienced in the video was very inviting. After looking through the rules I realized that the guild was very fairly organized so I decided to apply right away!

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..

Honestly, from a relative perspective compared to all other bosses, probably Coven of Shivarra. I was playing Marksmanship at the time and the specific build that was optimal for that fight required very specific positioning on the fight. Keeping this positioning optimal while also doing the various mechanics was very challenging. Reason for this was the difficult overlaps that could happen or the 1-shot wipes if people weren't paying attention to their feet. However, besides being the relative hardest boss I've done it is also the most fun boss for me in recent memory. I liked the atmosphere of the fight and how the various mechanics interacted with eachother. After working on that boss for two weeks my guild at the time (back then I played on the US realms) decided to take a break so we never finished the fight even tho we got the final moments of the fight a few times.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.

I feel like I would be a suitable fit for Aluren after reading the description available on wowprogress and comparing it to my personality and goals for WoW. I'm a competitive person but I always keep room for being light hearted in the midst of that spirit. That's my favorite way to play videogames. I feel like guilds can always benefit from the social aspect of videogames because it’s leads to a shared understanding of the game. Translating this to WoW allows for a player that is always striving to be the most efficient during raid encounters with room for fun during wipes or breaks.

In regards to general playstyle. I'm a very flexible player. I'm used to doing all the off-jobs for pulls such as the grong orb management, zek'voz cc-ing or Kill'Jaeden soaking while also being able to manage DPS and cooldown usage if I am not currently doing a specific job.

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?

No big downtimes are planned for me in the coming 6 months. I might miss a raid due to university exams but that is the only reason I can think of.

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?

I know the hunters by name from seing them on raider.io/WCL i think and I might've met a player here or there in LFG, but besides that I don't think so.

Thank you for reading my application!

Kind regards,

Exidouz