[Declined] Ygp- Havoc Demon Hunter

yogadh

[Declined] Ygp- Havoc Demon Hunter

Post by yogadh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:24 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
Nolan. 24, Germany (American), yoga#21167

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... n-mill/ygp

3. Heart of Azeroth level?

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
Your raid times work great for me, and they are:
Wednesday 19.45-23.30
Sunday 19.45-23.30
Monday 20:45-23:30

5. What lootsystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)
Personal loot now, since it is mandatory. However, if a player gets loot, they may decide to trade it.

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
<Catalyst-Tarren Mill>
The reason for my leaving the guild is because of the progress (or lack there of) that we've had over the last 7 weeks of extending after our Mekkatorque kill. We have had nearly 600 wipes to Jaina with no foreseeable end in sight and this is mostly due to sloppy strategies, a weak roster, and raiders not putting in effort as if they wish to be carried through progress. We have 6 raiders who have a neck-level less than 45 and these are the same people who only log on when it is time to raid, not even coming online for a weekly M+ dungeon once a week.
This is not the kind of raid environment that I want to be apart of and I realized that this is something that is holding myself back as a player, while I know that I perform at a level that far exceeds the people that I play with.

7. Logs of your past raids (it's not only your percentiles we are interested in)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=1
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q79WgB8RqDp4yfTM

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
https://imgur.com/XE2StGi

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your spec/class?
Although I haven't gotten to farm and maximize my damage logs on any bosses in BoD (because my current guild is on its 6th or 7th week of Jaina progress), I like to analyze other Demon Hunter's logs for certain fights and see when their CDs are used (even though it is relatively straight-forward for DH). Aside from looking at logs, the Demon Hunter Discord is a great source of information and theorycrafting.

10. Info about alts (if any)
I have a pretty well geared rogue that I can play relatively well. I am best at playing Death Knight over any other character, but unfortunately the viability of Death Knight in raids is around 0%.

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
I was browsing Wowprogress when a ray of sunshine snuck through my window blinds and encapsulated “Aluren”.

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..
The hardest PVE boss that I have killed and remember well would probably be Argus from Antorus in Legion. I believe my guild had just under 600 wipes on this boss but we had steady progress through the entirety of it, which made the fight easier and more enjoyable to progress.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
I wouldn't go as far to say that I am embarrassed of my logs, but I know that I can do significantly better. I have only 1-3 kills on most bosses since my guild extended after our Mekkatorque kill about 2 months ago. This was before I had the quality gear or traits that I have, so all of my logs are nearly all progression logs, and progression logs are almost never pretty to look at, nor should they be. I like farming logs as much as anyone, but progression is progression and mechanics always need to be priority. I am a very mechanically-sound player, who can always be relied upon to do one-of jobs in any given fight.
I really believe that, if given the chance, I could impress you all and find a spot in the raid team. Thank you so much for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding?
Nope, no vacations or anything planned at all. If I decide to go on vacation, it will be planned around progression.

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
I do not.

kollbjorn
aka Depletebjørn

Re: Ygp- Havoc Demon Hunter

Post by kollbjorn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Hey Ygp!

Thanks for the application

I remember your name from somewhere, but cant pin-point it.

Sadly we are not recruiting another DH right now. We are happy with the one we have, and have another main raider swapping to DH for crucible and onward.

Best of luck in your search for a new guild!
___

LOL :D This made me laugh!
yogadh wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:24 pm
I was browsing Wowprogress when a ray of sunshine snuck through my window blinds and encapsulated “Aluren”.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!