Wilderbeast BM Hunter

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast BM Hunter

Post by Wilderbeast » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:15 pm

1. Name, age, country and Battle tag.
Mark, 55, Scotland, Battle.net/Discord id : Wilder#2910 / Wildebeast#6518

2. Link to armory (please log out in gear you will raid in).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ilderbeast
Note there are two sets used for raiding depending on boss type one with Rapid Reload (AOE) and one with Blightborne Infusion (ST).

3. Heart of Azeroth level?

4. What are our raiding times, and do they suit you?
Wednesday 19.45-23.30
Sunday 19.45-23.30
Monday 20:45-23:30
And yes there should be no problems with these times and any problem would be notified well in advance.

5. What lootsystem do we use? (This is meant to see that you have read our rules)
You get to keep drops you get and want and any items you wish to share are redistributed by Loot Council.

6. What guilds you were in and reasons for leaving? (short description)
British Raven Guard - Alonsus.
I joined the British Raven Guard during TBC as a Level 50 Warrior and served the BRG as member, assistant, raid leader, officer, and ultimately GM, during my 3 years with the guild. Personally my circumstances changed when my work shift patterns changed this left me largely ineffective as RL for the guild and things very difficult as GM, so with regret i stood down as GM to allow the guild to carry on with proper support and leadership.

Nervous Energy - Emerald Dream.
I joined NE as a member Jan 2010, and was a highly active member of the raid team for the guild, the guild in my opinion was well run and a great place to be, however it suffered with recruitement issues replacing players who stopped raiding or quit, then the guild also lost several members to form a 10 man raiding guild for themselves causing guild raiding to cease in October 2010 to wait for Cataclysm. In Cataclysm in became apparent the guild was focusing its gear up efforts on just 10-12 players and eventually ian admission that the guild would only start raiding at a 10-man level and would slowly over time try to return to 25-man. This caused some turmoil in the guild as raiders outwith the 10-12 group didn't like being left out. Due to the circumstances, regretfully I made the decsision to leave the guild and seek my future in a new guild.

Ghost Division - Emerald Dream.
This is the breakaway guild formed mentioned above and was a social only position within the guild as i had several former guild member friends here. It was also an improvement as at least my character could play and gear up within the guild. The GM knew i was seeking 25 man raiding and would leave soon, which happened in Jan 2011.

Pantheon - Alonsus.
I joined Pantheon in Jan 2011, and its was a great guild to be in at that time, as many raiders/players were social on vent, which i like and were raiding at a high level. Unfortunetly , the GM, a senior officer, and senior raider all left at the same time, which sent the guild into a state of flux. This resulted in others leaving or becoming erratic in there attendance causing more raid cancellations leading to more unrest and more leavers. The result is although Pantheon replaced half its raid team, the future for 25-man raiding was not going to happen until sometime in the Firelands patch if at all. Due to this, I felt i had given Pantheon enough time to recover, and with no immediate recovery in sight and my desire to get back to 25-man raiding, I decided to look to a new guild.

Eclipse - Alonsus
I joined Eclipse in Jun 2011, raiding was good, the guild had some changes in leadership which caused dips in raiding progress, but the guild had such strong leadership in its officer core always seemed to recover. I can honestly say this was a dream guild to be a member of, raid with, and progress with. I continued in the guild raid team until early in MoP and this is when the Alonsus realm was going through its demise, all guilds were finding recruitment very difficult especially at progression level and some left the realm. Then Alonsus got its merger and was merged with 2 equally troubled realms which only increased the population without solving any problems with the player base. The guild finally dropped to 10-man raiding during throne, but staged a recovery during SoO and successfully reformed to 25-man. Things looked bright for the future, unfortunetly it was a swan song as the raiders lost at the end of MoP couldn't be replaced and the guild folded completely early in WoD.

Ruined - Merged Alonsus.
I joined Ruined in between Highmaul and BRF and this was probably the best guild all round to be in, GM and leadership was great all the raiders were great and everyone mostly got on or the officers sorted it out. Turned everything around and WoD was a great expansion cleared Myth on everything, however our own success returned to bite us as the end of WoD was so long, raiders quit raiding or WOW completly and again the guild struggled to keep the raid team going and early in Legion raiding suffered when the GM who was also raid leader quit after taking the guild to 7/7 mythic in EN. The new officers did well, but everytime they replaced one player another would quit and it lead to the guild ceasing to raid in Mar 17.

Ape Encloseure - Alonsus.
This guild was formed out of the remains of a two raid team guild (Vendetta) that broke up due internal strife. I was encouraged to join by a friend and after a brief chat and a few runs with the guild GM, I joined the raid team in May 2017. The guild raiding was inconsistent, due to attendance at raids particularly on Thursdays and Mondays leading to cancelled raids. Despite this things were going fine, then the guild started recruiting heavily, so raids weren't cancelled, then on Jan 18 the GM quit and left to join another raiding guild on the realm, leaving 3 new officers co-running the guild. The new officers although not stating any change and assuring myself everthing was fine, kept placing me on standby to trial others and when attending no attempt to gear my character up for mythic was made. This lead me to fall behind in gearing and lead to the "new" players who were actually from the former raid teams joining the raid team they informed me they were dropping me from the team too. In my own opinion my position was comprimised the minute the new officers took over, my only real wish is that they could have simply informed me not waited 6-8weeks. I made an attempt to pug heroic and see if the WOW gods would be kind, but was always behind iLev requirments for other guilds. I then stayed social to await BfA. In BfA my character was levelled and geared up in good time, however the GM decided to make it clear that he will not allow me to raid in the any guild team at any levels. I left.

The Rucksacks - Alonsus
Another guild formed out of the remains of a raid team guild (Ascendance) that partially broke up due internal strife. This guilds progress was ok, but like the previous guild after my trial had started a hunter from the old guild also started trial, he was passed on trial in 2 weeks and I was told I had 1 week to impress the officers for a raid spot. Now I'm as up for a challenge as anyone, but in the next week during the 4 3 hour raids, I raided 15mins, 20mins (replaced as soon as another raider came online), benched all night, and then was ignored while asking to get an invite to the raid only to hear the team is set and everyone else is on standby. I didn't rage quit or anything like that, but simply left in disgust on Nov 18.

Unguilded - Tarren Mill.
Not wanting to be caught up in the Alonsus guilds problems again, I wanted to change realm and due to a family member being here, I transfered to Tarren Mill. Although pugging everything was difficult, eventually some success was made on Sat nights raiding heroic with the Casual Raiders where I did well and they kept inviting me back. This and chatting with them in a raid enviroment got the old raid fangs out and my desire to return to raiding.

7. Logs of your past raids (it's not only your percentiles we are interested in)
I have no personal logs, however I have been raiding Satuarday night which were recorded.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JQ ... fficulty=0

8. Screenshot of your UI (in a raiding situation)
https://imgur.com/7lAAzqy

9. What are the sites you use to keep up to date on your spec/class?
Wowhead - Bendar Hunters guide, and all the other guides for WOW.
Icy-Veins - Azotherians Hunter Guide.
Petopia - Pet Information.
MMO-Champion - Updates Etc.
Bloodmallet - gear comparison.
WOWanalyser - Checking logs (not experienced at this as haven't had logs to analyse).
Discord - Trueshot Lodge
Raidbots and simulation craft :- upgrade checks

10. Info about alts (if any)
Havoc DH 120 Demonatryx
Frost Mage 120 Myah

11. How did you hear about our guild, what made you apply?
I was looking through the Tarren Mill WOWprogress lists looking for a guild that needed a hunter and seemed to have the right vibe and the same general desirable characteristics, orginisation and manner and then I read your WHAT WE OFFER section and in particular your two main points and thought I couldn't dream of anything better, hopefully I found a new home.

12. Describe the hardest PVE boss you killed (ever) - how long did your guild work on it, what was hard, what was good about the fight etc..
The Lich King Heroic (ICC) although Seigecrafter Blackfuse Mythic (SoO) runs it a close second. Both were at a time when the tuning on both was for 25-man and at the time we were doing 10-man raids. The Lich King was very tricky with lots of abilities to challenge tanks (mobs enrages) healers (infest) and dps (Valkerie) and everyone (defile), the raid dicipline and execution and positioning were all a challenge and fails almost always ended in wipes. Because it was a last boss the last phase was heroic only so you couldn't practice it on other runs and 10-man you can't lose a single raider.

13. Anything else that could convince us that you are a good addition to our raids.
I transfered to Tarren Mill from Alonsus realm as apart from the top 2 guilds most of the other guilds seem to form from guild break ups that may run for a while, but eventually break up themselves and this change which was recommended by a member of the family who plays here on Tarren Mill and is a big improvement on the quality and quantity of guilds on the realm. Since starting playing WOW in The Burning Crusade, I have made careful changes of guild and sometimes realm when necessary and in fact have remained guildless for a while now and mostly pug dungeons or raids. What I really want is to play the game with a good bunch of like minded people with as little hassle and drama as possible, kill bosses and have fun along the way, this means a return to raiding and finding a new guild.

14. Your plans for the next 6 months - will you be AFK on vacation or take a break from raiding.
I'm a very active player who is online far to much to be honest, but in past guilds my usual attendance is approx 95-100%. there will be no breaks, vacations are usually local so raiding is unaffected.

15. Do you know anyone in the guild?
No.